DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Director of Development is responsible for leading all development, fundraising and donor relationship efforts on behalf of the organization
SCOPE & Responsibilities
Reporting to and in partnership with Executive Producer (EP), the Director of Development (DD) will spearhead development efforts as Newport Festivals Foundation , Inc. (NFF) continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the DD will have the opportunity to architect the development function.
- Develop and execute NFF annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute strategy for large sustained donor base.
- Oversee organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Work with Creative Director on online donation platforms, email blasts, direct mailings, invitations for special events, donation acknowledgements
- Manage Board of Directors festival ticket requests
- Represent Newport Festivals Foundation at various Newport community events when needed